Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mr. Polite with Fashawn


Mr. Polite with Fashawn by NotestoSelf

Mr. Polite

I text EV like "when you in town next, I see your Dude Fash is in Toronto, we should connect". EV hops on Twitter like "Fash meet Bronze, Bronze meet Fash, but on the real Bronze, make sure you take Fash to that Jamaican spot for some roti before you do anything". 3 hours later, Fash rolls a large blunt, passing it to Rosh, and Rosh says "you Cali Dudes and your Blunts" - recalling when EV brought Montage to the crib - at this point I get like 3 beats in, vibing, and Fash exhales, looks at me, and he's like "this is it". By the time I had it looped up, cus the sequence is like an unorthodox eleven and a half bar loop, Fash was already humming the chorus, while trying to fix his phone, woman trying to get at him - he's like "Homies, I'm on the road for real, I'm tired of being, Mr. Polite".

Bang. Song was a wrap. Felt bad too, wrote a classic, yes, but the Jamaican spot was closed.

-Bronze

Artist: Notes to Self

Song: Mr. Polite with Fashawn

Produced by Bronze One (of NTS) for Course of Study & Bookworm (of Beatface)
AKA BOOK & BRONZE for Heart on Sleeve

No comments: